The original St. Philips’s. Dedicated 18th. October, 1886 by William Webber Bishop of Brisbane. Nathaniel Dawes, Rector. J.H. Burley, Architect.
Rebuilt and extended by 1906
Extensively damaged by a cyclone, 6th December 1905,the Church was substantially rebuilt and extended. Rededicated 1st April 1906 by St. Clair Donaldson Archbishop of Brisbane, H.W. Atkinson Architect.
The old church was destroyed by fire 28th Nov 1954 (after work on the new had begun). The present Church was consecrated by Reginald Halse, Archbishop of Brisbane, 1st December 1955. John Johnston, Rector. Ford Hutton & Newell, Architects.